Friday, June 17, 2011

Cha - cha - changes....

A month ago or so, Hubby and I decided we were no longer going to wrestle with the Lord over our family planning. It was a long time coming - and a hard thing for Hubby to let go of. Men, being the big strong providers often fear what more children will do to the economics of the household. That said, we took our hands off the childbearing issue. I freely admit that I would love another baby (or 2). Hubby, however, has said from the get go that he feels 5 is enough for us and that we are complete. Needless to say, it was a leap of faith for Hubby to let go and let God. However, I was so thrilled for Hubby when he, despite his fear, gave control back to the rightful holder, the Lord.

Fast forward to yesterday. Hubby, out of the blue asks me, "So, do you at all feel pregnant?". I was very surprised by this question. My answer was, no. And let me say, that after 5 babies - I usually know when I am pregnant, even before I test +. I raised an eyebrow at him. He continues with, "I don't feel like someone is missing from our family - but I am hoping for another". I was in shock. This is the same man, who just a month or so ago was terrified at the thought that the Lord might bless us with more children. The Lord sure does work in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment