Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'm baa-aack.

I am back from my visit to my mom's. It was a very nice time, but I missed my children soooo very much! I missed hubby too, but it just isn't the same - rip your heart out of your chest feeling as being separated from your little ones. Everyone survived a week of daddy being in charge. Personally - I think it is good for everyone to have some dad time. Because I homeschool, and hubby is gone with the military a good amount of time...sometimes when hubby is home, the children don't go to him as an authority in the home. Example: if hubby is home and in the living room, but I am in the bathroom - the children will come and knock on the bathroom door and ask for help. They forget or discount that daddy is in the living room and able to help. When I am gone for a week - it really helps strengthened the bonds between hubby and the kids. Helps the kids realize that though daddy does things "differently", it is just "different" and not "wrong". And you know what? Sometimes I need to be reminded of that too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment