Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update on Jack and Things on my heart.

Hello! Well we are nearly a week into Jack's new schooling regime. It is going quite well. We hardly have any fussing. The biggest problem I have is that Jack likes to chat...and when you are doing a task that is timed - say 20 minutes of oral reading, it messes with the flow of things when he decides he wants to have a deep discussion. I will say how nice it is to get his schooling done in about 2 hours. Soooo nice!

Spring is here! We are having warmer temps - up into the low 50's a few times this week. But, we are still having the gloomy, overcast, drizzly days. I have been able to turn off the oil heat boiler during the day as it gets warm enough to keep the house over 60. But most nights I have to turn it on to keep the house at 60.

News on the family front. Or rather the family planning front. I have been wrestling with the whole, "we should trust the Lord with our family size" issues. It says so many times in the Bible that He opens and closes the womb. And in an effort to trust in God more - rather than my own understanding...I have been feeling like we shouldn't be trying to take control from God. It especially hit home after watching a You Tube video on the declining reproduction rate of non-muslim families around the world - and how the muslims are literally going to take over by virtue of out birthing them. It was rather shocking that in some European countries the muslims account of 50% of the births in the nation. I think it was the Netherlands that had the highest islamic birth rate per populus. Anyway - I got to thinking. There are 2 main reasons nations' non-muslims population is failing.



(1)Abortion. In American alone millions of babies are aborted every year. WHen you think about the fact that this has been occurring for 30+ years. If all of those babies had grown up to have babies of their own, and later grandbabies - our population would be much healthier (numerically speaking). Reason (2) - birth control. It is no wonder, that in our self sufficient nation we do not rely on God for our provisions - least of these in the planning of our families? Even in the majority of Christian families - we decide how many children we ought to have. When we should have them, etc. We don't trust God to provide for the children He blesses us. How strong would our nations be if we allowed for God to lead in these matters?

So, I have been struggling. Izzy is 3. He has, by far, been the biggest challenge to our parenting. Strong willed, into everything. I won't lie. Part of me is very afraid of having another "Izzy". But then again, I don't even know if the Lord has any more for us. Well, I think hubby is struggling with this too. However, Proverbs 3:5 keeps coming into my mind, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart - lean not on your own understanding". I need to keep praying some more. I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment