Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a...a...plane.

Hello out there! Today we booked the flights for me to take our sweet blessings on a trip to Southern California to visit my parents, and my father-in-law. For those of you don't know, both Hubby and I were born and raised in Southern California. I, in Fountain Valley (next door to Huntington Beach - not in "The Valley"). And Hubby, in Anaheim. Since we are now stationed on the west coast - it is much more feasible for me to take the kids down for an extended visit to see the grandparents.

So, from July 7th to the 27th we will be in Southern California. Of course we are going to be doing the touristy things. I am taking the kids to Disneyland, Legoland, and the San Diego Zoo. My greatest hope is to be able to spend a Sunday worshiping at our old church, Calvary Chapel San Diego. Oh how I miss it! Pastor Bryan Newberry is so anointed by the Lord. The Lord just speaks right through Bryan. I could sit and listen to him for days. In fact, I do. On the church's website, they have all of Bryan's sermons through every book of the Bible. Often , as I cook or am cleaning up I will put on one of his sermons. In the last month, I have listened to him preach through Malachi, Micah, and am nearly through his preaching of Ezra. His sermons are nearly 90 minutes. Line by line through the Word. It is fascinating how he can extrapolate on the meanings of the words in Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic...what things meant to people in the time when the Bible was penned, and Biblical history - how the prophets, and governments ran together and such. If you care to listen - go here...

http://www.calvarysandiego.com/CCSD/pages/BibleStudyTools/Sermons/PastorBryan/ThroughTheBible.htm

Moving away from our home church in 2007 was so difficult. We have yet to find another church quite like it. We grew so much as a family in the Lord. So much meat. I really like our church here, Sequim Bible Church - but what I don't like is the 4o minute sermons. Just when the pastor here at SBC is getting into the meaty stuff it is over.

Oh dear - I didn't mean to go off on a tangent. And I certainly do not want to come across as being a worshiper of man. However, those of you who have had the experience of learning from someone who the Lord just flows through - knows just what I mean.

There you have it. As a quick re-cap, we are going to California this summer for a time of visiting family, and also fun. Hubby won't be coming, as he can not get the time off. I'll miss him. But, I am sure the time will fly. It is only for 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment