Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Today I have a heavy heart. It is Good Friday. Or, as I discovered, some people around the world call it Big Friday. Today is the say when Jesus was nailed to the cross. I can not help the tears running down my face. A sinless, perfect, spotless lamb went to slaughter. For me. For you. Nails through his hands and feet. A thorn of crowns pressed into his brow. Jeer at and mocked. And he willingly did this so that I could stand before God, blameless one day.

Esther sees me weeping and reminds me how we should not be sad today - as in 3 days Jesus will have risen, conquering the grave. She is such a sweet child. Hates to see me sad. My pain is her pain. I explain there is much joy in Christ's resurrection. However, today - I am deeply sorrowful. That MY sins...not always obeying God, or treating my husband with respect, lies I have told...are what nailed Jesus to the cross.

May I never forget. Lord, help me to keep this repentant heart always - feeling always the complete gratitude for Christ's sufferings for me. In Jesus' precious name...Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment